The Forrestfield-Airport Link project will provide new rail services and improved bus networks for the Eastern Suburbs, foothills and surrounding community to the Perth CBD and the full Transperth bus and train network.
The Forrestfield Line will include three new stations and 3,000 parking bays.
Airport West Station and Forrestfield Station will be bus-train interchanges. The Consolidated Airport Station will be underground at Perth Airport for both domestic and international flights once the project is complete in 2020.
The 8.5km rail link will spur to the East off the existing Midland line just past Bayswater Station and will be underground for 8kms in twin bored tunnels. This will reduce surface impact to the community, roads and environment.
The Forrestfield-Airport Link provides a rail solution that improves transport connectivity to and from Perth Airport, the eastern suburbs and regional centres.
20-minutes from Forrestfield to Perth CBD
A terminus station at Forrestfield will be a significant public transport boost to the surrounding area, allowing for a 20-minute rail journey to the Perth CBD.
The Airport West station will serve the new Business Park and commuters around the City of Belmont.
Rail services from Forrestfield to Perth CBD, through to Fremantle
- Underground tunnels from Bayswater to Forrestfield
- Three new stations at Airport West (Belmont), Perth Airport and Forrestfield
- Completely underground station at Perth Airport for consolidated services
- Improved bus feeder networks for Airport West Station and Forrestfield Station
- Project Definition Plan completed, Environmental Studies, Geotechnical investigations, Reference design begins – 2014
- Government decision to commence procurement, Initiate approval application to relevant State and Federal Authorities - Late 2014
- Procurement begins – 2015
- Contract award – Mid 2016
- Detailed design, Construction begins - Late 2016
- Construction continues, Commissioning - 2017- 2020
- First train operating - 2020